In recent years, we have seen how the planet earth has been deteriorating due to our actions and without being aware of the magnitude of the problem, we have been normalizing some behaviors that are harmful to our environment. That is why it is so important to focus on the responsible care of the natural environment in the classroom.
Sometimes we think that all issues related to pollution and the environment are the business of scientists and environmental organizations, but individuals have a very important role to play, we can take small actions on a daily basis to improve our environment. Small advances can make a big difference for the future.
The environment is the source of life for humans and other living beings, the responsibility to care for and preserve it is entirely ours, we must find a way to manage natural resources in a sustainable way to safeguard life on earth. Why is it necessary to talk about the importance of the environment in the classroom? The little ones need to know the tools they have at their disposal to take care of their main home.
We bring you some tips for students to put into practice in their daily lives:
- Recycle waste and sort it into different garbage cans.
- Take care of the plants, make them see that they are living beings, that they do not deserve to be trampled or uprooted, but cared for with love .
- Share toys, which they will not use so that other children can take advantage of them and give them a second chance.
- Save light, get them used to turn it off every time they do not use it, especially when they are at home .
- Do not throw things on the floor, show them that the garbage cans are there for that .
At Smile and Learn we have a Science – Environment section where children can learn more about recycling and responsible consumption. If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out the following form this form.