The brain is a vital organ of the body and is the most complex of all, as it is responsible for controlling the rest of the organs and is what defines us as human beings. To have a healthy and strong brain it is necessary to take care of it every day. Do you know how? Improving our eating and exercise habits can greatly determine their evolution and development. The brain is a fascinating organ about which we still have much to learn.
We tell you some curiosities about the human brain:
- It has no more and no less than one hundred billion neurons. A surprising but necessary figure considering that the brain is in charge of all our mental processes.
- Capable of processing complete images in just 13 milliseconds, it does so at an impressive speed.
- It is composed of 70% water, so hydration is very important for it to function properly. The brain consumes large amounts of water, which makes us more agile.
- It consists of two hemispheres: the left hemisphere and the right hemisphere, which are connected to each other by fibers known as the corpus callosum.
- The brain stores memories in two different places: one part is called the prefrontal cortex and the other is called the subiculum. With the passage of time, the subiculum memory is eventually erased, while the prefrontal remains in the long term.
If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out this form