Emotional intelligence allows us to know our emotions in depth and manage them in the best possible way. It is very important to develop it at an early age in both boys and girls. It is about teaching them the importance of self-knowledge so that they become accustomed to dealing with life’s challenges with positivity and enthusiasm. Emotional intelligence provides them with a tool to freely express their emotions when something pleases or bothers them. In short, it is the necessary ability to manage emotions well, whether our own or those of others.
Teachers can enhance emotional intelligence in the classroom in the following ways:
- To help them learn more about their emotions and those of others.. It is a long process that requires a lot of patience. The first thing to do is to identify the emotions you have in different situations of the day to study why they happen.
- To get them to adopt a positive attitude. The attitude towards life is fundamental, instilling in them that they must remain optimistic in spite of difficulties and obstacles.
- Help control stress. Many children suffer from stress due to family and school pressure. It can be controlled or improved through relaxation exercises and sports.
- Develop emotional activities. Have an assembly with all the colleagues and let each one expose in a natural way the emotions that he/she has day by day. This is very positive because it helps the little ones to forge a personality capable of handling feelings and empathizing with others.
- Emphasize social skills. Social interaction is essential to develop empathy for others, it allows us to know the emotions of the people around us and act accordingly.
If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out this form