Nutrition is a fundamental aspect for the physical and intellectual development of children. Eating well is vital for them to grow strong and healthy, especially in the first years of life. A good diet can significantly reduce the risk of disease. That is why it is so important to have a healthy and balanced diet, as well as not to abuse vegetable fats and to consume a lot of fruit.
Here are some feeding tips for children ages 3 to 6 years old:
- Following the food pyramid can help to have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Eat 5 meals a day: breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Try to keep quantities small and homemade.
- Consume foods rich in fiber 2-3 times a day (vegetables, fruits, legumes, etc).
- Limit as much as possible the consumption of sweets, chocolates or industrial pastries.
- Consume a minimum of two servings per day of milk or dairy products to maintain adequate calcium intake.
- Introduce new foods at the beginning of meals in small amounts and teach them to eat slowly to promote the digestive process.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially during meals. It is advisable to avoid the consumption of packaged juices.
It is worth remembering that everyone has a different metabolism, so it is not advisable to force them to consume a certain amount of food, because only they know how hungry they are. If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out this form.