Teachers know better than anyone the limited ability of children to pay attention in class. Taking into account that human attention lasts between 10 and 15 minutes approximately, it is normal for it to be lost in one-hour classes. But there are a number of factors that influence their attention such as motivation and their desire to learn.
We propose a series of tips to create more dynamic and entertaining classes:
- Beginning of class. It is important to start the class with something new that captures the attention of the students, as this is the moment when they are most eager to learn.
- Encourage participation. The best way to make sure they pay attention is to engage them by asking them questions to internalize what they have understood in class. Active student participation means that they are attentive and focused.
- Take breaks. Try to take breaks from time to time so that they can clear their heads and resume classes with more enthusiasm. It is very necessary to establish rest periods that encourage active and conscious learning.
- Create games in class. We know that children learn much better through interactive games that are gradually incorporated into the classroom. There are platforms that allow you to take quizzes on any topic or subject. It can be played individually or in a group.
- Offer rewards. The best way to encourage students to pay attention and actively participate in class is to offer rewards for work well done.
If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out this form